Posts Tagged olathe visual artists
What is your brand position? Do you have a consistent, memorable look across all your marketing platforms?
Come learn about how you can have a recognizable, repeatable look that communicates the quality of what you represent.
Kim Taggart of TAGG ART DIRECTION will give a short presentation on business cards, logos and branding.
Wednesday, June 14 at 7:00pm at First Olathe Art Gallery.
Membership is growing and we’re back to monthly OVA meetings. Every fourth Tuesday at 6pm at the First Gallery. Next one will be June 27th!
The date for this week’s OVA meeting is on Thursday instead of the typical Tuesday. The calendar had previously been marked incorrectly, so please take note. It has been corrected. The meeting will be at 6:00pm on Thursday, May 25th.
I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.
Location: 11951 Strang Line Road, Olathe Kansas. 1st Art Gallery of Olathe.
Presiding ofﬁcer – Dave Stewart –
Meeting Minutes from March( ) May Agenda( )
Treasures report – John Burns reports & balance
Need an ofﬁcer – secretary –
(NEW SHOWING) OVA shows at the Olathe Public Library (Indian Creek Branch) – ongoing. Contact Dave to hang your 2-D artwork through July 15.
(NEW PROJECT) Mark Weber painting workshop (skies & clouds) June 24 here 10am to 4pm $80. Special rate for OVA members.
(NEW PROJECT) Captive Artists 2017 – an OVA project led by new member Karri Cody 913-488-7605. Organized to promote the art and artwork of elderly, disabled and incarcerated artists in the Kansas City area.
(NEW PROJECT & SHOWING) PAINTED TRAILS – A journey in plein air. Paintings from the trip are on display at the First Art Gallery along with Dave’s “The Painted Trail 2017” journal.
NEW MEMBERS – KIM TAGGART http://www.TaggArtDirection.com, Karri Cody.
1. Olathe Public Library – OVA member display: 2D art rotation monthly, no sales only promotion of artists & OVA. New gallery wire hanging system is installed and ready.
2. . Your portfolio, your proﬁle, your bio.( potential workshop). Dave Stewart will provide members with bio building assistance upon request.
3. Ruth offering classes to OVA members at a 50%. Dave offers OVA a special discount for Saturday morning painting class. 9 to 12am. Contact Dave.
4. OVA meeting schedule: OVA MEETINGS NOW ON TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 6pm. ALSO, TO OCCUR EACH ALTERNATING MONTH. (Motion made and approved). OVA meeting dates for 2017: January 26 , March 21, May 25, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 28.
5. OVA PURPOSE STATEMENT – get a copy, includes membership application.
6. OVA to begin a funding drive including auctions, grant procurement, member art sales. Any ideas? (Could elect a member as Grant/ fundraising Ofﬁcer. Fund Raising and research ways of increasing revenue, online sales, art auctions, special event sales, go fund me…). Project proposal. OVA Magazine… (would be about 25 pages, produced by members, Johnson County Art and Artists promotional, educational, cultural enrichment. Articles about Art and living in KC area. Advertising income.
7. OVA SCHOLARSHIP- OVA is proud to announce our 2016-17 scholarship winner, JESSICA LOVE, was presented the award by OVA President David Stewart at Olathe North West awards night.
OVA Guest Speakers- Submission (please submit all contact information and dates for board vote at this time). Entertain suggestions. Future OVA member artwork shows suggestions entertained at this time.
OVA CALENDAR OF EVENTS to date for 2017.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 2/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery of Olathe meeting, 2/9/17 6pm.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 3/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery membership meeting will be on 3/7/2017, 6 PM.
– OVA meeting on 3/21/17 at 6pm.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 4/1/17
– 1st Gallery meeting, 4/4/17
– 4/16 depart for PAINTED TRAIL ROAD TRIP until 5/22
– 5/15 OVA show at OPL (Indian Creek Branch)
– 5/15 Project “Captive Artists 2017” established.
– 5/25 next OVA meeting.
– 6/24 Mark Weber Workshop – Painting Skies. 10am-4pm.
End May 2017 Minutes
March 21st, 2017 membership meeting minutes 6pm
Presiding officer – Dave Stewart – Meeting Minutes from Feb.( ) March Agenda( )
Treasures report – John Burns reports & balance
Need an officer – secretary –
New business: Jamie Lavin – (guest speaker on marketing your artwork)
– On the Painted Trail…an OVA project
- Olathe Public Library – OVA member display: 2D art rotation monthly, no sales only promotion of artists & OVA. To begin as soon as display area is ready.
- . Your portfolio, your profile, your bio.( potential workshop). Dave Stewart will provide members with bio building assistance upon request.
- Ruth offering classes to OVA members at a 50%
- OVA meetings,day & dates: OVA MEETINGS NOW ON TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 6pm. ALSO, TO OCCUR EACH ALTERNATING MONTH. (Motion made and approved). OVA meeting dates for 2017: January 26 , March 21, May 25, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 28.
- OVA PURPOSE STATEMENT.- (Statement finished and ready to present to the membership).
- OVA to begin funding drive including auctions, grant procurement, member art sales. Any ideas? (Could elect a member as Grant/ fundraising Officer. Fund Raising and research ways of increasing revenue, online sales, art auctions, special event sales, go fund me…).
- OVA SCHOLARSHIP- applications were distributed at the Olathe H.S. Career Night, awaiting return, selections to occur at March meeting. Grant will be $1000.00 or 2 $500.00 to qualified applicants.
OVA Workshops- (Mark Weber – Landscape Painting Workshop scheduled for April 1st, 10am-4pm $80.00 /non members, $50.00 /members- Pay at the gallery.
It’s that time of year again.
OVA membership dues are due this month.
Send $25 to:
Olathe Visual Artists, Inc.
14726 S Murray Ln
Olathe, KS 66062
Or just give it to John Burns, our Treasurer, at January’s meeting on the 26th.
Olathe Visual Artists are pleased to present a three-hour workshop with sculptor Glenn Lavezzi on Tuesday, August 23rd from 6-9pm.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on demonstration of Glenn’s adorable chipmunk figures and more. Everyone will be able to create a clay figurine and experience the creative sculpting process.
Only nine seats are left for this event which will take place at the First Olathe Art Gallery. Cost is $35 for members and $45 for non-members which include all materials, tools and firing of finished pieces. Seats will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis until all twelve spots are filled.
Fees will be collected on the 23rd.
Please fell free to contact Jane Kirk with any questions.
(913) 486-9108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the 23rd!