Posts Tagged kansas
Our next meeting is coming up on Thursday (the 23rd). 6pm at the First Gallery of Olathe, as usual. Directions and A Map
Please attend we will be introducing new members and have a lot to talk about. Come share what you’ve been working on this summer!
- If you’re a current member and you’d like to have a member page on the website, please contact me.
- If you have any art-related news to share, contact me or let someone at the meeting know and we’ll get it up here in the news and events section.
Our friends at the First Art Gallery of Olathe would like to pass along their June calendar of events.
First Art Gallery of Olathe
AN ARTIST COOPERATIVE GALLERY
Looking for something fun to do?
Check out the First Art Gallery of Olathe.
JUNE UPCOMING EVENTS
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE
JUNE 1 & 2 CHARITY SILENT ART AUCTION
- MONEY WILL BE DONATED TO THE CHILDREN’S CLUB OF AMERICA
- SILENT AUCTION STARTS FRIDAY JUNE 1
- AUCTION ENDS SATURDAY JUNE 2 AT 8:00PM
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT THE ART RECEPTION
- A VARIETY OF ART ITEMS TO BID ON
- Be sure to get your bids in before the auction closes. Come check it out, it is for a good cause.
JUNE 2- First Saturday Art Reception
- Art Reception 6-9 pm Free to the Public
- Featured Artist: Painter Anne Lormis
- Art, Refreshments, & Live Music
- Our musical guests this month is the Wheat State Sax Quartet
Start off your summer right with us. You don’t need to drive to the Crossroads to enjoy Art, Music, and Refreshments; it’s all here in Olathe. Come help celebrate the arts in Olathe. Make a night of it. Hope to see you there!
JUNE 8 – Early CHECK-IN for the Olathe Station Art fair
- Friday June 8, 6-9pm Wine and Cheese Social for OSAF Artists and Sponsors
- Artists who have paid for their tent space may check in early at the First Art Gallery of
- Olathe Friday 3pm-9pm
- Artists may pick up their packets and turn in their release forms
- Artist who check-in early may set up their tents early on Saturday
- Artists avoid the crowd Saturday morning and CHECK-IN early Friday night.
JUNE 9 & 10 – OLATHE STATION ART FAIR
- First Annual Olathe Station Art Fair
- Located in the Olathe Station Shopping Center Parking Lot
- Family friendly event
- A tent show with 50+ Artists displaying and selling their work
- Fun for the kids at the Children’s Activity tent
- Food & Live Music on both days
- 12-3 pm Saturday The Vibe 95.7FM will broadcast live from The Fair
- 5-7 pm Saturday the band “CAPTIVA” will be playing at The Fair
- 2:30-4:30 Sunday “The Olathe Civic Jazz Band” will close out The Fair
This will be the event of the summer. Fun for the whole family at the Olathe Station Art Fair. Everything you want in an art fair and more. Please join us!
JUNE ENROLLMENT for Summer Children’s Clay & Drawing Classes
- For Ages 7-15.
- Mondays every week all summer
- All materials provided.
- $25.00 per student-Class size limited.
- Sign up at the Gallery.
The kids will love making beautiful ocean themed clay pieces every week. Drawing students will be having fun exploring different media and subjects each week. Sign up soon the class size is limited.
JUNE Saturday Mornings Painting with Dave
- 9-12 Saturday mornings
- Oil or Acrylic Painting lessons
- Dave Stewart Instructor
- Students ages 16-Adult
These classes are for any skill level. Sign up soon as the class size is limited .
MONDAY NIGHT OPEN STUDIO PAINTING
- The gallery will be open every Monday evening 6-9 pm for open painting time.
- This is available to any Olathe Visual Arts Member, Gallery Associates, Gallery Members and their students.
Applications to join Olathe Visual Arts are available at the Gallery.
Join us and enjoy being with other artists while having the space to paint.
* REMEMBER TO SAVE THESE DATES*
GALLERY HOURS: Monday Open Painting 6-9 pm, Closed Tuesday, Wednesday 3-9 pm, Thursday 12-9 pm, Friday 3-9 pm, Saturday 11am-9pm, Sunday 1-6 pm
THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE IS LOCATED IN THE OLATHE STATION SHOPPING CENTER 11951 STRANG LINE RD. OLATHE KS. 66062
Our mailing address is:
11951 Strang Line Rd
Olathe Ks. 66062
Our friends at The First Gallery of Olathe would like to share this summer’s schedule of children’s classes with us.
LOOK WHAT’S NEW FOR SUMMER!
SUMMER CLAY & DRAWING CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
WEEKLY CLAY CLASSES– Ages 7- 15
These are some examples of the clay projects
Students will make eight clay projects that have an ocean theme. Students will learn a variety of methods for creating with clay as well as glazing. Each class is offered twice a day with two different time slots to choose from.
INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac 913-681-1220 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DRAWING LESSONS – Ages: 7-15
Students will learn how to draw and shade still life, animals and portraits. Students will explore the mediums of charcoal, pencil, oil pastel, ink and chalk.
Located in the Olathe Station shopping Center next door to Game Stop
OVA member Ruth Bukovac is the Featured Artist for May at the First Gallery of Olathe. The public is invited to the reception on May 5th. Good luck, Ruth!
The application for this year’s Sunflower Artfest is now available online at www.desotoartsks.org. Deadline May 1st.
Our friends at First Gallery of Olathe would like to share an upcoming art class with us.
The Olathe Station Art Fair rules to get in can be found at olathestationartfair.org
Rules are extensive and the online sign-ups on Zapplication.com are closed as of 3/22/18 after an extension of one week.
However, it is possible to sign up at the First Olathe Art Gallery as we will continue to take entries to artists willing to pay $150 for a 10X10 tent space. Tent not included. Artist is responsible for his own tent. Same as the rules indicated on the Zapplication- Olathe Station Art Fair website. Only benefit to OVA and Gallery members is not going through the jury-in process and convenience of not submitting pictures of their work for review…and not opening a Zapplication account online. In addition, all artists will be fed a lunch on both days.
In addition, there will be 8 spots for up and coming artists in a 10×20 tent in which OVA grids will be used as a fundraising project for OVA. Each artist will pay $50 per 5×5 space. These spots are restricted to first time fair artists, preferably students or special needs artists. If you qualify as first fair, student, or special needs you may apply and there may be sponsorships available to cover booth fees. First come first served. Contact Dave Stewart or ED Roache.
Artists are responsible for all sales and must collect/submit taxes. Applications must be submitted by May 1st as each artist will be handed a tax packet. Exact numbers of packets are needed and time to obtain them.