Posts Tagged kansas
David Stewart will be at the gallery tonight at 6 to 7. The meeting isn’t tonight, but he has committee tasks to discuss with anyone who shows up due to confusion about the meeting date.
Location: 11951 Strang Line Road, Olathe Kansas. 1st Art Gallery of Olathe.
Presiding ofﬁcer – Dave Stewart –
Meeting Minutes from March( ) May Agenda( )
Treasures report – John Burns reports & balance
Need an ofﬁcer – secretary –
(NEW SHOWING) OVA shows at the Olathe Public Library (Indian Creek Branch) – ongoing. Contact Dave to hang your 2-D artwork through July 15.
(NEW PROJECT) Mark Weber painting workshop (skies & clouds) June 24 here 10am to 4pm $80. Special rate for OVA members.
(NEW PROJECT) Captive Artists 2017 – an OVA project led by new member Karri Cody 913-488-7605. Organized to promote the art and artwork of elderly, disabled and incarcerated artists in the Kansas City area.
(NEW PROJECT & SHOWING) PAINTED TRAILS – A journey in plein air. Paintings from the trip are on display at the First Art Gallery along with Dave’s “The Painted Trail 2017” journal.
NEW MEMBERS – KIM TAGGART http://www.TaggArtDirection.com, Karri Cody.
1. Olathe Public Library – OVA member display: 2D art rotation monthly, no sales only promotion of artists & OVA. New gallery wire hanging system is installed and ready.
2. . Your portfolio, your proﬁle, your bio.( potential workshop). Dave Stewart will provide members with bio building assistance upon request.
3. Ruth offering classes to OVA members at a 50%. Dave offers OVA a special discount for Saturday morning painting class. 9 to 12am. Contact Dave.
4. OVA meeting schedule: OVA MEETINGS NOW ON TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 6pm. ALSO, TO OCCUR EACH ALTERNATING MONTH. (Motion made and approved). OVA meeting dates for 2017: January 26 , March 21, May 25, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 28.
5. OVA PURPOSE STATEMENT – get a copy, includes membership application.
6. OVA to begin a funding drive including auctions, grant procurement, member art sales. Any ideas? (Could elect a member as Grant/ fundraising Ofﬁcer. Fund Raising and research ways of increasing revenue, online sales, art auctions, special event sales, go fund me…). Project proposal. OVA Magazine… (would be about 25 pages, produced by members, Johnson County Art and Artists promotional, educational, cultural enrichment. Articles about Art and living in KC area. Advertising income.
7. OVA SCHOLARSHIP- OVA is proud to announce our 2016-17 scholarship winner, JESSICA LOVE, was presented the award by OVA President David Stewart at Olathe North West awards night.
OVA Guest Speakers- Submission (please submit all contact information and dates for board vote at this time). Entertain suggestions. Future OVA member artwork shows suggestions entertained at this time.
OVA CALENDAR OF EVENTS to date for 2017.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 2/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery of Olathe meeting, 2/9/17 6pm.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 3/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery membership meeting will be on 3/7/2017, 6 PM.
– OVA meeting on 3/21/17 at 6pm.
– 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 4/1/17
– 1st Gallery meeting, 4/4/17
– 4/16 depart for PAINTED TRAIL ROAD TRIP until 5/22
– 5/15 OVA show at OPL (Indian Creek Branch)
– 5/15 Project “Captive Artists 2017” established.
– 5/25 next OVA meeting.
– 6/24 Mark Weber Workshop – Painting Skies. 10am-4pm.
End May 2017 Minutes
Olathe Visual Artists are pleased to present a three-hour workshop with sculptor Glenn Lavezzi on Tuesday, August 23rd from 6-9pm.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on demonstration of Glenn’s adorable chipmunk figures and more. Everyone will be able to create a clay figurine and experience the creative sculpting process.
Only nine seats are left for this event which will take place at the First Olathe Art Gallery. Cost is $35 for members and $45 for non-members which include all materials, tools and firing of finished pieces. Seats will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis until all twelve spots are filled.
Fees will be collected on the 23rd.
Please fell free to contact Jane Kirk with any questions.
(913) 486-9108 or email@example.com
See you on the 23rd!
A plein air event opportunity for artists shared with us by member Carol Rubsam:
Celebrate the beauty of Kansas in the fall at Rolling Hills Zoo’s first plein air
event, Art Gone Wild. This premier event will be held Saturday, September
Providing a backdrop of breathtaking natural beauty, Rolling Hills Zoo is a 65-
acre zoological park nestled among the Smoky Hills of western Saline County.
Offering a wealth of inspiration for artists to draw from, the Zoo features more
than 100 species of incredible animals, a stunning variety of horticulture,
and vast landscapes. In addition, a 64,000 sq. ft. Wildlife Museum provides
additional inspiration in a climate-controlled setting as you visit seven unique
regions of the world.
Artists from across the region are invited to capture the diverse beauty found
at Rolling Hills Zoo during this one day event. Whether your interest lies in
animals or landscape, you are certain to find inspiring sights that you will be
eager to capture.
During Art Gone Wild, other art-themed activities will take place, too. The Zoo’s animal residents will be painting during the day for our guests’ enjoyment. As part of their training and enrichment, many of our animals enjoy painting, with some even selecting the ‘proper’ brush and their favorite color of paint. There will also be art activities for children throughout the day.
Artists will be allowed onto Zoo grounds at 7:30 a.m. to find their source of
inspiration for the day. The Zoo opens to the public at 9:00 a.m. There is
no charge for artists to participate in Art Gone Wild. If you wish to visit the
Zoo prior to Sept. 17th, contact Kathy or Linda at (785) 827-9488. Or email
Rolling Hills Zoo is located just six miles west of Salina where a number of
hotels offer discounts for our guests. Please contact
Linda for a list of participating hotels.