Posts Tagged first gallery of Olathe
The First Art Gallery of Olathe would like to personally invite you to an art reception on July 7th 6-9pm in honor of our Featured Artist John Burns.
John has been a valued member of First Art Gallery of Olathe for many years and a member of Olathe Visual Artists. He has been happy to be the treasurer for both organizations and one of 16 artists who display their wonderful art in the gallery. John is ready for a new chapter in his life, so he will be retiring from the gallery and will become an Emeritus member. Everyone at the gallery wishes him the best, we hope many of his friends and family come to help him celebrate a long and successful art career. The evening will include complimentary refreshments and live music provided by guitarist Jacob Weakland. The Olathe Visual Artists will also have a special display up all month as well.
The reception is being held at the First Art Gallery of Olathe 11951 Strang Line Rd. in the Olathe Station Shopping Center
Original Acrylic Paintings by John Burns
I did not start out as a child loving to paint or draw. I was 45 years old when after watching Bob Ross on TV, I decided to try my hand at it. It was not too bad for the first try, so I continued on. I attended three week long classes that Bob and his assistants provided. I became a Bob Ross certified instructor. I taught for about 8 years. I have been painting in oils but decided to try acrylics and have been painting in that medium ever since.
John W Burns
John will have his paintings specially priced to sell, since he will be moving on!
Our friends at the First Art Gallery of Olathe would like to pass along their June calendar of events.
First Art Gallery of Olathe
AN ARTIST COOPERATIVE GALLERY
Looking for something fun to do?
Check out the First Art Gallery of Olathe.
JUNE UPCOMING EVENTS
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE
JUNE 1 & 2 CHARITY SILENT ART AUCTION
- MONEY WILL BE DONATED TO THE CHILDREN’S CLUB OF AMERICA
- SILENT AUCTION STARTS FRIDAY JUNE 1
- AUCTION ENDS SATURDAY JUNE 2 AT 8:00PM
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT THE ART RECEPTION
- A VARIETY OF ART ITEMS TO BID ON
- Be sure to get your bids in before the auction closes. Come check it out, it is for a good cause.
JUNE 2- First Saturday Art Reception
- Art Reception 6-9 pm Free to the Public
- Featured Artist: Painter Anne Lormis
- Art, Refreshments, & Live Music
- Our musical guests this month is the Wheat State Sax Quartet
Start off your summer right with us. You don’t need to drive to the Crossroads to enjoy Art, Music, and Refreshments; it’s all here in Olathe. Come help celebrate the arts in Olathe. Make a night of it. Hope to see you there!
JUNE 8 – Early CHECK-IN for the Olathe Station Art fair
- Friday June 8, 6-9pm Wine and Cheese Social for OSAF Artists and Sponsors
- Artists who have paid for their tent space may check in early at the First Art Gallery of
- Olathe Friday 3pm-9pm
- Artists may pick up their packets and turn in their release forms
- Artist who check-in early may set up their tents early on Saturday
- Artists avoid the crowd Saturday morning and CHECK-IN early Friday night.
JUNE 9 & 10 – OLATHE STATION ART FAIR
- First Annual Olathe Station Art Fair
- Located in the Olathe Station Shopping Center Parking Lot
- Family friendly event
- A tent show with 50+ Artists displaying and selling their work
- Fun for the kids at the Children’s Activity tent
- Food & Live Music on both days
- 12-3 pm Saturday The Vibe 95.7FM will broadcast live from The Fair
- 5-7 pm Saturday the band “CAPTIVA” will be playing at The Fair
- 2:30-4:30 Sunday “The Olathe Civic Jazz Band” will close out The Fair
This will be the event of the summer. Fun for the whole family at the Olathe Station Art Fair. Everything you want in an art fair and more. Please join us!
JUNE ENROLLMENT for Summer Children’s Clay & Drawing Classes
- For Ages 7-15.
- Mondays every week all summer
- All materials provided.
- $25.00 per student-Class size limited.
- Sign up at the Gallery.
The kids will love making beautiful ocean themed clay pieces every week. Drawing students will be having fun exploring different media and subjects each week. Sign up soon the class size is limited.
JUNE Saturday Mornings Painting with Dave
- 9-12 Saturday mornings
- Oil or Acrylic Painting lessons
- Dave Stewart Instructor
- Students ages 16-Adult
These classes are for any skill level. Sign up soon as the class size is limited .
MONDAY NIGHT OPEN STUDIO PAINTING
- The gallery will be open every Monday evening 6-9 pm for open painting time.
- This is available to any Olathe Visual Arts Member, Gallery Associates, Gallery Members and their students.
Applications to join Olathe Visual Arts are available at the Gallery.
Join us and enjoy being with other artists while having the space to paint.
* REMEMBER TO SAVE THESE DATES*
GALLERY HOURS: Monday Open Painting 6-9 pm, Closed Tuesday, Wednesday 3-9 pm, Thursday 12-9 pm, Friday 3-9 pm, Saturday 11am-9pm, Sunday 1-6 pm
THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE IS LOCATED IN THE OLATHE STATION SHOPPING CENTER 11951 STRANG LINE RD. OLATHE KS. 66062
Our mailing address is:
11951 Strang Line Rd
Olathe Ks. 66062
Our friends at The First Gallery of Olathe would like to share this summer’s schedule of children’s classes with us.
LOOK WHAT’S NEW FOR SUMMER!
SUMMER CLAY & DRAWING CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
WEEKLY CLAY CLASSES– Ages 7- 15
These are some examples of the clay projects
Students will make eight clay projects that have an ocean theme. Students will learn a variety of methods for creating with clay as well as glazing. Each class is offered twice a day with two different time slots to choose from.
INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac 913-681-1220 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DRAWING LESSONS – Ages: 7-15
Students will learn how to draw and shade still life, animals and portraits. Students will explore the mediums of charcoal, pencil, oil pastel, ink and chalk.
Located in the Olathe Station shopping Center next door to Game Stop
Olathe Visual Artists are pleased to present a three-hour workshop with sculptor Glenn Lavezzi on Tuesday, August 23rd from 6-9pm.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on demonstration of Glenn’s adorable chipmunk figures and more. Everyone will be able to create a clay figurine and experience the creative sculpting process.
Only nine seats are left for this event which will take place at the First Olathe Art Gallery. Cost is $35 for members and $45 for non-members which include all materials, tools and firing of finished pieces. Seats will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis until all twelve spots are filled.
Fees will be collected on the 23rd.
Please fell free to contact Jane Kirk with any questions.
(913) 486-9108 or email@example.com
See you on the 23rd!