Posts Tagged drawing
The Olathe Visual Artists Association is sponsoring art and clay classes for children.
MONTHLY CLAY CLASSES
Ages 7- 16
Students will learn a variety of methods for creating with clay as well as glazing. Each class offers a different project to go with the season. All materials provided INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac
Dates: Sundays – Oct. 14, Nov.11
Time: 2:00-3:00 pm
Cost: $25 Per class per child or 4 classes $90. (per child)
WEEKLY DRAWING LESSONS
Students will learn how to draw and shade still life, animals and portraits. Students will explore the mediums of charcoal, pencil, oil pastel, ink and chalk. All materials provided INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac
Time: 3:30-4:30 or 4:30-5:30pm
Cost: $80.00 for 4 sessions One hour per session
COPPER RELIEF BOX TOP
Students will learn how to manipulate copper foil to create a raised design. Students will then use their foil design to cover a wooden box.
INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac
All materials provided
Dates: Dec. 2 Sunday
Cost: $25 per person
(Alternate dates/times are available. Contact Ruth to discuss scheduling.)
ENROLL FOR ANY CLASS at THE First Gallery of Olathe located at 11951 Strang Line Road in the Olathe Station Shopping Center (Across from Old Chicago and next door to Game Stop)
Pay online using Paypal by going to your paypal account select Send & Request put email@example.com in the send money space then put the class and time in the description and check out or pay at the gallery
CLASS ENROLLMENT IS COMPLETE WHEN ENROLLMENT FEE IS PAID
Gallery Hours: Wed. – Sat. 10-6 Sun. 12-6pm
The Olathe Visual Artists Association is a non-profit group dedicated to promoting art in the community. Ruth Bukovac, (a certified Art Teacher) will teach all the classes. She has been teaching art for more than 40 years and is a retired art teacher from the Olathe Public Schools. The enrollment fee covers all the materials, equipment and expenses.
Our friends at the First Art Gallery of Olathe would like to pass along their June calendar of events.
First Art Gallery of Olathe
AN ARTIST COOPERATIVE GALLERY
Looking for something fun to do?
Check out the First Art Gallery of Olathe.
JUNE UPCOMING EVENTS
LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE
JUNE 1 & 2 CHARITY SILENT ART AUCTION
- MONEY WILL BE DONATED TO THE CHILDREN’S CLUB OF AMERICA
- SILENT AUCTION STARTS FRIDAY JUNE 1
- AUCTION ENDS SATURDAY JUNE 2 AT 8:00PM
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT THE ART RECEPTION
- A VARIETY OF ART ITEMS TO BID ON
- Be sure to get your bids in before the auction closes. Come check it out, it is for a good cause.
JUNE 2- First Saturday Art Reception
- Art Reception 6-9 pm Free to the Public
- Featured Artist: Painter Anne Lormis
- Art, Refreshments, & Live Music
- Our musical guests this month is the Wheat State Sax Quartet
Start off your summer right with us. You don’t need to drive to the Crossroads to enjoy Art, Music, and Refreshments; it’s all here in Olathe. Come help celebrate the arts in Olathe. Make a night of it. Hope to see you there!
JUNE 8 – Early CHECK-IN for the Olathe Station Art fair
- Friday June 8, 6-9pm Wine and Cheese Social for OSAF Artists and Sponsors
- Artists who have paid for their tent space may check in early at the First Art Gallery of
- Olathe Friday 3pm-9pm
- Artists may pick up their packets and turn in their release forms
- Artist who check-in early may set up their tents early on Saturday
- Artists avoid the crowd Saturday morning and CHECK-IN early Friday night.
JUNE 9 & 10 – OLATHE STATION ART FAIR
- First Annual Olathe Station Art Fair
- Located in the Olathe Station Shopping Center Parking Lot
- Family friendly event
- A tent show with 50+ Artists displaying and selling their work
- Fun for the kids at the Children’s Activity tent
- Food & Live Music on both days
- 12-3 pm Saturday The Vibe 95.7FM will broadcast live from The Fair
- 5-7 pm Saturday the band “CAPTIVA” will be playing at The Fair
- 2:30-4:30 Sunday “The Olathe Civic Jazz Band” will close out The Fair
This will be the event of the summer. Fun for the whole family at the Olathe Station Art Fair. Everything you want in an art fair and more. Please join us!
JUNE ENROLLMENT for Summer Children’s Clay & Drawing Classes
- For Ages 7-15.
- Mondays every week all summer
- All materials provided.
- $25.00 per student-Class size limited.
- Sign up at the Gallery.
The kids will love making beautiful ocean themed clay pieces every week. Drawing students will be having fun exploring different media and subjects each week. Sign up soon the class size is limited.
JUNE Saturday Mornings Painting with Dave
- 9-12 Saturday mornings
- Oil or Acrylic Painting lessons
- Dave Stewart Instructor
- Students ages 16-Adult
These classes are for any skill level. Sign up soon as the class size is limited .
MONDAY NIGHT OPEN STUDIO PAINTING
- The gallery will be open every Monday evening 6-9 pm for open painting time.
- This is available to any Olathe Visual Arts Member, Gallery Associates, Gallery Members and their students.
Applications to join Olathe Visual Arts are available at the Gallery.
Join us and enjoy being with other artists while having the space to paint.
* REMEMBER TO SAVE THESE DATES*
GALLERY HOURS: Monday Open Painting 6-9 pm, Closed Tuesday, Wednesday 3-9 pm, Thursday 12-9 pm, Friday 3-9 pm, Saturday 11am-9pm, Sunday 1-6 pm
THE FIRST ART GALLERY OF OLATHE IS LOCATED IN THE OLATHE STATION SHOPPING CENTER 11951 STRANG LINE RD. OLATHE KS. 66062
Our mailing address is:
11951 Strang Line Rd
Olathe Ks. 66062
Our friends at The First Gallery of Olathe would like to share this summer’s schedule of children’s classes with us.
LOOK WHAT’S NEW FOR SUMMER!
SUMMER CLAY & DRAWING CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
WEEKLY CLAY CLASSES– Ages 7- 15
These are some examples of the clay projects
Students will make eight clay projects that have an ocean theme. Students will learn a variety of methods for creating with clay as well as glazing. Each class is offered twice a day with two different time slots to choose from.
INSTRUCTOR: Ruth Bukovac 913-681-1220 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DRAWING LESSONS – Ages: 7-15
Students will learn how to draw and shade still life, animals and portraits. Students will explore the mediums of charcoal, pencil, oil pastel, ink and chalk.
Located in the Olathe Station shopping Center next door to Game Stop
From Carol Rubsam:
Have a new drawing and painting class session beginning on Wednesday and would like to add two new students… one in the 3pm class and one in the 5pm class. Sessions are $150 for 6, 2 hour classes and must be at least age 15. If you know of anyone who would like to join our group on Wednesdays have them email me or give me a call at 913-541-9405. Gallery members, as always, are welcome anytime to work with us as long as there is room.