Posts Tagged artists organization
March 21st, 2017 membership meeting minutes 6pm
Presiding officer – Dave Stewart – Meeting Minutes from Feb.( ) March Agenda( )
Treasures report – John Burns reports & balance
Need an officer – secretary –
New business: Jamie Lavin – (guest speaker on marketing your artwork)
– On the Painted Trail…an OVA project
- Olathe Public Library – OVA member display: 2D art rotation monthly, no sales only promotion of artists & OVA. To begin as soon as display area is ready.
- . Your portfolio, your profile, your bio.( potential workshop). Dave Stewart will provide members with bio building assistance upon request.
- Ruth offering classes to OVA members at a 50%
- OVA meetings,day & dates: OVA MEETINGS NOW ON TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 6pm. ALSO, TO OCCUR EACH ALTERNATING MONTH. (Motion made and approved). OVA meeting dates for 2017: January 26 , March 21, May 25, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 28.
- OVA PURPOSE STATEMENT.- (Statement finished and ready to present to the membership).
- OVA to begin funding drive including auctions, grant procurement, member art sales. Any ideas? (Could elect a member as Grant/ fundraising Officer. Fund Raising and research ways of increasing revenue, online sales, art auctions, special event sales, go fund me…).
- OVA SCHOLARSHIP- applications were distributed at the Olathe H.S. Career Night, awaiting return, selections to occur at March meeting. Grant will be $1000.00 or 2 $500.00 to qualified applicants.
OVA Workshops- (Mark Weber – Landscape Painting Workshop scheduled for April 1st, 10am-4pm $80.00 /non members, $50.00 /members- Pay at the gallery.
OVA meetings are now to be held the 4th Tuesday of every other month–except for this month. Due to a conflict, this month’s meeting will be on the 21st at 6pm rather than the 28th as it normally would be. Appologies for the inconvenience.
It’s that time of year again.
OVA membership dues are due this month.
Send $25 to:
Olathe Visual Artists, Inc.
14726 S Murray Ln
Olathe, KS 66062
Or just give it to John Burns, our Treasurer, at January’s meeting on the 26th.
Olathe Visual Artists are pleased to present a three-hour workshop with sculptor Glenn Lavezzi on Tuesday, August 23rd from 6-9pm.
Participants will enjoy a hands-on demonstration of Glenn’s adorable chipmunk figures and more. Everyone will be able to create a clay figurine and experience the creative sculpting process.
Only nine seats are left for this event which will take place at the First Olathe Art Gallery. Cost is $35 for members and $45 for non-members which include all materials, tools and firing of finished pieces. Seats will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis until all twelve spots are filled.
Fees will be collected on the 23rd.
Please fell free to contact Jane Kirk with any questions.
(913) 486-9108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the 23rd!
Our monthly meeting is tonight at 7pm at the First Art Gallery. You don’t have to be a member to attend. Map and Info