The membership that was at the February meeting voted to discontinue monthly meetings in favor of a monthly newsletter and quarterly meetings. There will be a meeting in March, so that the membership can review the scholarship applications, and then quarterly. So the next meeting will be June, then September, and the Holiday meeting, in December.
Members will have to watch the newsletter for information on the programs scheduled for those meetings, and more importantly, for workshops scheduled for the times in-between. This puts the focus on education, and encouraging our members to produce more artwork. Hopefully these changes will help us to attract new members, become a more productive organization, and provide better service to the community!
Our newsletter editor will be Carol Rubsam. Please send her:
- Relevant art news
- Dates of upcoming shows that you will be a part of
- Information about upcoming competitions, shows, and sales
- Upcoming workshops and classes that the membership might be interested in
- A picture and information about a completed piece that has been accepted by a show or sold, or is distinct somehow.
- Anyone interested in producing a short lesson with step by step instructions that would not cover more than a page.
This is the sort of information our newsletter will be filled with. If you don’t report, she can’t print and that’ll make for a real short newsletter and boring reading. The first newsletter is scheduled to be published March 10-12, so members need to get moving. She needs items by the end of the day on March 9th .
Also, if you do not receive your newsletter, please contact Carol to make certain she has your correct contact info.