For those of us exhibiting at the RG Endres Gallery, here’s some information we need:
Here’s the nitty gritty regarding delivery of your art work to the RG Endres Gallery, etc.
- Artwork needs to have at least the name of the piece and the artist name attached to it so that the labels created by the city clerk using our list can be positioned with the correct work. Only work that was on the list we submitted on July 15th can be included in this show.
- All artwork needs to be delivered to Prairie Village City Hall, 7700 Mission Rd. on Thursday, August 1st between 8am and noon.There is a wheelchair access entrance on the northeast side of the building that will be easier to use than the front stairs. We will be collecting the art in the council room just inside that door. I will be there and will have the ‘hold harmless’ letters we each need to sign for the gallery at that time. All artwork must be wired and ready to hang – no sawtooth hangers etc.
- Our artist reception will be on Friday, August 9th from 6:30pm-7:30pm. Since we didn’t vote to spend $75 for wine, we will have punch and pastries only, provided by the city.
- The city clerk is preparing an electronic version of the postcard invitation and will forward it to me in case anyone would like to use it in addition to the paper postcards. Please let me know if you’d be interested, and I’ll forward it as soon as I receive it from her.
- On Friday, August 30th all artwork that has not been sold will need to be picked up from the same place you dropped it off, between the hours of 10am and 2pm. The city clerk handles all sales and is responsible for getting sold pieces delivered to the buyer. (Sold items stay on display for the duration of the show.)Please let me know if you have any questions.Thanks,Jane Kirk