January 26, 2017 membership meeting minutes 7pm
Presiding officer – Dave Stewart called the meeting to order 7:05pm
Treasures report – John Burns reports & balance approved by members.
Meeting Minutes from Oct. 2016 – none available from the last meeting.
2017 officers – Dave Stewart – president (OVA /1st Art Gallery of Olathe partners director) email@example.com
John Burns – treasurer
Need an officer – secretary -minutes by D.Stewart
- Olathe Public Library – OVA member display: 2D art rotation monthly, no sales only promotion of artists & OVA. To begin as soon as display area is ready.
- Stems plein air paint June 1, 2017. Members encouraged to participate. OVA donating art show grids May 28 to June 5. Dave will ask for trading grid use for help with storage fees or member discount to Stems participation fee at plein air event.
- Your portfolio, your profile, your bio.( potential workshop). Dave Stewart will provide members with bio building assistance upon request.
- Ruth offering classes to OVA members at a 50%
- New meeting day & dates: OVA MEETINGS NOW ON TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 6pm. ALSO, TO OCCUR EACH ALTERNATING MONTH. (Motion made and approved). OVA meeting dates for 2017: January 26 , March 28, May 25, July 25, Sept. 26, Nov. 28.
- OVA to adopt Louisville art association PURPOSE STATEMENT.
- OVA to begin funding drive including auctions, grant procurement, member art sales.
- OVA SCHOLARSHIP- applications were distributed at the Olathe H.S. Career Night, awaiting return, selections to occur at March meeting. Grant will be $1000.00 or 2 $500.00 to qualified applicants.
OVA Workshops- proposed (Mark Weber – oil or acrylic, Billy O’Donnell – plein air, Casey Kempter – Abstract, Dave Stewart – Venetian Plaster, other – marketing. Dave Stewart – portfolio bio, other?)
OVA Field Trip- proposed (Nelson Museum, Down town art fair/s, Plaza Art Show)
OVA Guest Speakers- M. Weber, Billy O’Donnel, other?
OVA SHOWS – 1st Art Gallery of Olathe – month of March, Olathe Public Library ( Indian Creek Branch) set up date to be announced.
OVA Partners/1st Art Gallery – director Dave Stewart – proposed OVA members to become 1st Art Gallery of Olathe associate members.
P Dave – 1. Recruiter for associates – director needed (application for new member sign-ups). 2. Fund Raiser – Directors needed (research ways of increasing revenue, online sales, art auctions, special event sales, go fund me…).
February – 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 2/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery of Olathe meeting, 2/9/17 6pm.
March. – 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 3/4/17
– 1st Art Gallery membership meeting will be on 3/7/2017, 6 PM.
– OVA meeting on 3/28/17 at 6pm.
April. – 1st Saturday Reception at 1st Art Gallery of Olathe 4/1/17
– 1st Gallery meeting, 4/4/17
– End January 2017 Minutes –
Our quarterly meeting is tonight at 7 at First Gallery of Olathe. More info
It’s that time of year again.
OVA membership dues are due this month.
Send $25 to:
Olathe Visual Artists, Inc.
14726 S Murray Ln
Olathe, KS 66062
Or just give it to John Burns, our Treasurer, at January’s meeting on the 26th.
Thursday, Sep 22, 2016
The First Art Gallery
11951 S Strang Line Rd
Olathe, KS 66062 (more info)
Open to the public.
Anyone is welcome to attend!
The MidAmerica Pastel Society Art Show is open at the Images Art Gallery in Overland Park. OVA members Sharon DeFreece and Carol Rubsam both have pieces in this show. It runs until September 17th.
More information can be found here:
Member Michelle Wade won second place and member Karen B. Jones was one of the judges.
Friday I took pictures of the “Hey, Kansas City” art show at Paper Birch Landing. I think I got the whole exhibit here, but please forgive me if I missed one or two. Cell phone camera shots, so sorry for the quality. The show runs until the end of the month. Go to my previous post for more information on that. Of course, all these images are copyrighted by the artists who created them. I think just about everything here’s for sale. So, contact the gallery if you’re interested in purchasing.
Tonight I’ll be attending the opening night reception at Paper Birch Landing. The night opens the “Hey, Kansas City” show that I helped judge last month. The reception is from 6 to 10pm and there will be wine, art, food, music and poetry. The show runs all month. I’ll also be at the “Artists Speak” event next Thursday (August 18th) from 6 to 8pm.
The gallery is at 3740 Broadway Suite 300, Kansas City, MO 64111. It’s south of the Uptown Theater behind Woody’s. Normal business hours are Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm.